LEGAL PROBLEM IN JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY? CONTACT THE JERSEY CITY LAWYERS AT THE ARTUSA LAW FIRM
NJSA 2C:12-1A – Jersey City Defense Attorney Santo Artusa represents individuals charged with Simple assault and Harassment in Hudson County, New Jersey. Jersey City Attorney Santo Artusa represents people accused of Harassment and Simple Assault in Jersey City, Hoboken, Bayonne and beyond. Simple assault and harassment are some of the most cited reasons as to why people seek temporary restraining orders (TRO) in Jersey City, Hudson County, Hackensack, Bergen County and beyond. We can help you fight these charges today!
In New Jersey, Harassment is when:
A person commits harassment if with the purpose to harass another he/she:
- makes or causes to be made, communication or communications anonymously, or at extremely inconvenient hours, or in offensively coarse language, or any other manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm
- Subjects another to striking or kicking, shoving, or other offensive touching, or threatens to do so
- Engages in any other course of alarming conduct or of repeatedly committed acts with purpose to alarm or seriously annoy such other person
- A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if while in prison or on probation or parole for an indictable offense the individual commits an act of harassment.
Harassment, like simple assault, is another act that is covered in the New Jersey Prevention of Domestic Violence Act and an act considered in obtaining a final restraining order against someone if other factors are met and proven in the Superior Court. The harassment charge itself maybe heard in the local municipal court such as the Jersey City Municipal Court but if there is also a temporary restraining order/domestic violence case, that will be heard in the Superior Courthouse-Family Division. If you have been arrested and have been served with a temporary restraining order from the Hudson County Superior Court, visit our Jersey City Hudson County Domestic Violence Lawyer Page.
Simple assault charges carry with it the potential for jail time and other penalties. If you have been arrested for simple assault, harassment, criminal mischief, resisting arrest, possession of CDS or other criminal act, you should move quickly and take the charge serious these charges are criminal offenses. The criminal defense legal team at the Artusa Law Firm is ready to defend your case in the Hudson County Superior Court and/or the Jersey City Municipal Court, Hudson County Superior Court, Bayonne Municipal Court, Hoboken Municipal Court or beyond. If you have been arrested or have a loved one who has been arrested, we can help you right now. Call us on 201-706-7910. For more specific information about the cases we handle in the Jersey City Municipal Court visit our Jersey City Municipal Court Attorney Page. If your cases involves domestic violence charges and a restraining order, visit our page: Hudson County Restraining Order Defense Attorney if your case is outside of Hudson County visit our: Union County Domestic Violence Lawyers or Bergen County Domestic Violence Lawyers.
An important thing to know is that once a police complaint has been filed and/or you have been arrested, even if the victim does not want to pursue the case, the State of New Jersey still can. It is important to hire a defense attorney to help you immediately.
- N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1A-Simple Assault- According to the New Jersey criminal code/statute-A person in New Jersey is guilty of assault if he or she:
- Attempts to cause or purposely, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another
- Negligently causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon; or
- Attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.
- Simple assault is a disorderly persons offense unless committed in a fight or scuffle entered into by mutual consent, in which case it is a petty disorderly persons offense.In addition to representing clients in theses cases, we also represent people in drug charges (CDS), DWI, DUI, Resisting Arrest, Sexual Assault, Megan’s law offenses and removal from the registry, Stalking, Guns and Weapons Charges, harassment, terroristic threats, domestic violence related cases, violation of probation, violation of a restraining order, theft, burglary, criminal mischief and other criminal offenses in New Jersey.
- Whether you were defending yourself in a fight, fighting words were exchanged, someone instigated, you may have a defense to simple assault and you should work with an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you in the Municipal and Superior Courts of New Jersey. Criminal charges can affect your liberty and your future, it is wise to work with a criminal law attorney who will fight for you to mitigate and/or move to dismiss the charges against you if possible. Santo Artusa, Esq., and his team will do just that for you. Call the Jersey City Lawyers at the Artusa Law Firm today on 201-706-7910 to discuss your case.