Middlesex County Domestic Violence and Restraining Order Lawyer
Middlesex County Domestic Violence and Restraining Order Lawyer-Artusa Law Firm

Middlesex County Restraining Order and Domestic Violence Lawyer on being accused of a domestic violence crime in New Jersey: “The mere commission of one of the enumerated predicate acts does not automatically mandate the entry of a Domestic Violence restraining order.” An accusation of physical violence is not needed to obtain a temporary restraining order of final domestic violence order. Harassment is a non-physical allegation that can support the need for a final restraining order in Middlesex County Family Division, New Jersey. The New Jersey family court attorneys at the Artusa Law Firm are very experienced in restraining order/domestic abuse cases for both victims and defendants throughout the State of New Jersey.  Contact us on 201-706-7910

  • Have you been accused of committing an act of domestic violence in Middlesex County, New Jersey or elsewhere in New Jersey?
  • Have you been arrested in Middlesex County-New Jersey for Harassment? Stalking? Simple Assault?
  • Have you been served with a Temporary Restraining Order in New Jersey ?NJ Rule 5:7A governs the issuance of New Jersey Domestic Violence Temporary Restraining Orders. Facing Simple Assault, Harassment, Criminal Mischief, Stalking, or other domestic violence related charges? Have you have been served or arrested for allegations of domestic violence or have received a temporary restraining order against you in Middlesex County and have a court date? Contact the Artusa Law Firm today that is experience in temporary restraining order defense and family law matters in New Jersey. A person can obtain a temporary restraining order against you without you even knowing (until you receive the temporary restraining order from the sheriff or in court). Restraining orders in New Jersey are permanent if a final order is issued against you. This can affect your life in many ways and it is highly advisable to take it serious, NOW.

While a temporary restraining order and the final restraining order hearing take place in the family division of the Superior Courthouse. If you were arrested, criminal charges may be pending against you in the local municipal court or you may have been indicted where the criminal charges will be heard and decided in the Superior Courthouse-Criminal Division. So in short, a restraining order case can have a criminal law case “attached” to it and even a divorce case if the parties are still married and one of the parties seek to dissolve the marriage. With an open divorce case or custody case, the parties in the restraining order case can settle the domestic violence/restraining order aspect of the case by way of civil restraints which is an agreement crafted by the attorneys/parties not to contact each other except about the children or other important information. If civil restraints are entered and someone violates the civil restraint agreement, the police cannot be called for the violation but a motion in family court must be filed. Of course if another act of domestic violence has occurred, the police are always available to accept a new complaint and make an arrest for the crime. There are some benefits into entering into civil restraints if there is not a long history of domestic violence between the parties or if the alleged act was not shocking. A Judge cannot force parties into civil restraints, the court can only decide if a final restraining order should be ordered depending on the testimony, evidence and other criteria are met.

Aside from the possible effects a final restraining order can have on your life and livelihood, the time to defend the claim is very short and you must start preparing your defense and/or counterclaim now rather than later. For information about our work, visit Middlesex County Restraining Order Lawyers. Contact us today on 201-706-7910 for a consultation to determine if we will accept your case. For information about the courthouse location or directions to the court, see below: