DIVORCE LAWYERS IN JERSEY CITY, NJ
CALL US TODAY ON 201-706-7910
As Jersey City Divorce Lawyers, we have found that filing for divorce and filing divorce papers is hard for some people and easy for others but usually divorce is hard either emotionally or financially until things settle down. Some people have been separated for a long time and never filed for divorce. Others filed divorce papers alone and gave up once they realized how much work and persistence is needed in dealing with the court system. The Artusa Law Firm team can help you whether you planned this divorce for a while or your received divorce papers suddenly, we can help you. We practice family law in every County in New Jersey for all divorce and family law related matters for all people in our communities.
Either way, regardless of the nature and current feeling about the divorce, filing for divorce and finalizing a divorce is not simple. Obtaining a divorce decree in New Jersey requires the knowledge and understanding of New Jersey’s Court Rules and local court procedures. Visit our page about New Jersey Divorce Laws here on: New Jersey Divorce Lawyer.
Then there are others who are just realizing that they need a divorce because their marriage is over. Either way, our team is ready to help those who seek to file for divorce throughout New Jersey especially in Hudson, Essex, Bergen and Union Counties. Our Jersey City New Jersey Uncontested Divorce Lawyers and Contested Divorce Lawyers are here to help you. We can help you with all of your issues pertaining to divorce including but not limited to: New Jersey Child Support, The Ability to Relocate With Your Children, Alimony Laws in New Jersey, Child Custody, Parenting Time Disputes and the division of marital assets/equitable distribution. We are also experienced in same sex divorces and same sex prenuptial agreements and understand the concerns and issues involved in those cases that could be different than a “traditional” divorce. Contact our team today on 201-706-7910.
We are experienced in contested divorce cases, uncontested divorce cases, divorce by publication (when you cannot locate your spouse), and complex divorce litigation where hard to appraise assets are in contention or there are other issues that make the case more complex, either way, we are your rock during your divorce.
The Divorce Process in New Jersey
The Documents or Information You Need To File For Divorce:
- Legal Names of You and Your Spouse
- Current or last known address of Your Spouse
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver’s License or State Identification
- The Date and Place of Your Marriage
- Any Insurance You Have in Place at the Time of Filing the Divorce (Yes, even if you do not have insurance together you still must disclose all insurance information).
- The names, dates of birth and social security numbers of any children you have that are not emancipated.
- Now that you have this information, you need to tell your lawyer what you are seeking from the divorce. Some people just want to be free! and be divorced. Others want alimony, assets to be divided, child support, child custody (joint/sole/residential), permission to relocate out of state with their child and so forth. Others want their maiden names back. It is very important to have a good idea as to what you are seeking from the divorce. During your divorce consultation, your attorney can explain what you may be entitled to or what is worth seeking and what is not. The consultation is very important for both the attorney and the client.
Once you have this information, the correct legal paperwork can be drafted and signed. Once the paperwork is signed, the documents can be filed in the proper county venue.After it is filed, a docket number will be issued so that your case will be referred to by that docket number going forward. After that, your spouse can sign papers or he or she must be served with the divorce papers, where your spouse has 35 days to respond in writing or he or she will have defaulted and you can obtain your divorce.
If you are ready to file for divorce or want to have a confidential appointment to discuss your situation, contact our Jersey City Divorce Lawyers and Family Law Attorneys on 201-706-7910 for a free consultation.