Changing a Family Court Order in New Jersey Family Law Attorney Santo Artusa

Modifying a Family Court Order in Jersey City Hudson County

As time goes on, things change. As a Jersey City Family Court Attorney, I file many applications modifying parenting time or custody orders in the Hudson County Court Family Court (New Jersey Superior Court Family Division). In order to modify a court order you typically have to show a significant/substantial change in circumstances warrants a change in a court order. If you do not have an order at all, we can file for a new court order in the New Jersey Family Court. The paperwork needed to start a modification is easy to fill out but it is the legal and factual arguments that make a difference when filing an application to change a family court order. You can try to file or start the paperwork without us and we can add case law, make edits, argue your case for you and the like. For the New Jersey Family Court Non-Dissolution Paperwork to modify an order see: Change a New Jersey Family Court Order. 

Some reasons to seek a family court modification are: change in custody or parenting time, increased or decreased income to seek an increase or reduction child support. Other reasons may be to relocate out of New Jersey, frequent violation of court orders, suspension of parenting time, a change from sole custody to joint or vice versa and the like.

Once the application is filed, the court will issue a court date and an initial hearing will be set. Prior to the hearing, the Judge or Court may force you to try and mediate if there isn't a restraining order in place. If mediation fails, the Judge will hear arguments and determine what if next should be done.

Issues That May Be Modified:

Child Support Orders (How Much To Pay in Child Support-Reductions and Increases, Credits).

Legal Child Custody (Joint Legal Custody or Sole Legal)

Residential Custody

Parenting Time and Parenting Plans (Custody and Visitation and Parenting Time Orders)

Relocation of a Child

Spousal Support

How Child Support Payments are Made

While the above are just some reasons to try and change or modify a court order in the New Jersey Family Court in New Jersey we can help you with those or other reasons or legal issues. Contact our Jersey City office to discuss your family court case in New Jersey at our Jersey City Family Law Office on 973-337-9643.

Family Court Lawyer in NJ
NJ Family Court Lawyer Santo Artusa is skilled in family law matters. 
Santo V. Artusa, Jr.

Santo V. Artusa, Jr.

Since 2009, Mr. Artusa has dedicated his career to representing clients in and near Jersey City in family law and criminal cases. He is a skilled negotiator and litigator who has received a range of prestigious recognitions, including:

  • The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
  • Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating
  • Client Distinction Award 2015

For more information about our legal services, contact our office online or call (973) 337-9643 today.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite

Jersey City Office

26 Journal Square Plaza
Ste 603
Jersey City, NJ 07306

Closed Today

Jersey City Office

121 Newark Avenue
Second Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306

Closed Today

By Appointment

Hoboken Office

50 Harrison Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Closed Today

By Appointment

Passaic County Office

3 Hoover Avenue
Passaic, NJ 07055

Open Today 9:00am - 5:00pm

What is the best time for you?

Add additional time

Which location would you prefer?

Tell us a bit about yourself...

(973) 337-9643 Send a message