As a divorce attorney in Hudson County, New Jersey, you hear many questions from clients and potential clients. One of the most common questions I hear is that for this reason or another reason, their spouse will not “sign” to grant a divorce. In New Jersey, whether your spouse who is part of reality or not, has no option in terms of having a divorce granted, however, he or she can slow the case down if they try to seek assets or other things. While he or she may never sign an agreement or to waive their 35 days respond, either way A DIVORCE WILL BE GRANTED. Your spouse must either sign an acknowledgement of service or he or she must be served with the divorce papers by an independent party. The Artusa Law Firm can help you.


Hudson County Divorce Lawyer Santo Artusa and his team can help you achieve your case goals and help you get a divorce whether your spouse signs papers or not. We can also obtain a divorce for you without ever steeping foot in the courthouse if there are no contested issues in your case. Many of our clients receive their divorce judgments from our office or in the mail.

It is just a matter of time, but a divorce will be granted. The more you spend in the case at times, the more the other side who realizes the marriage is over, will give up. The question is do you have the stomach, persistence and focus to get the divorce done. In a divorce case, you can seek alimony, child support, child custody, equitable distribution of assets and debts, name change, parenting time and other relief related to family law.

Another question that is common is: I live in Hudson County, my husband lives in Passaic County, can I file for my divorce in Hudson County? If you lived in Hudson County for more than 6 months, yes you can file in that county, in this case, Hudson.

For divorces in Hudson County, we create the required court documentation, sign it with you, deliver it to the court which is located at the Hudson County Superior Court, 595 Newark Avenue, Room 105, Jersey City, New Jersey, 07306. The current state filing fee is $300 without the parenting time class fee. Once the papers have been filed, a docket number will be given to your file (usually within 5-15 days) and your spouse can then be served with the divorce summons and complaint. Your spouse then has 35 days to respond in writing if he contests any aspect of the divorce case. The Hudson County Divorce/Family Court can be found on the map below:

If you file for divorce in Essex County the papers should be sent to or delivered to 212 Washington Street, 1st Floor, Newark, NJ 07102.

We handle both heavily contested divorce cases, uncontested divorce cases, divorce from bed and board and beyond. If you have a case, Contact us on 201-706-7910 today to discuss your divorce or family law case and see how we can help you with your legal situation. To find our office please see the map below.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s