Winning the lottery or dreaming about winning the lottery is very similar to obtaining a divorce. You think: What will I do that first day? Where will I live? How will I feel differently? Yes, dreaming of winning the lottery is similar and in my opinion, better than filing for divorce and eventually obtaining a divorce! How so? Well, if your marriage is essentially over whether it is because of a lack of any emotional connection, lack of attraction, disrespect, abuse, or for any other reason, you may be envisioning what your new life will be like without having to wake up next to your spouse daily, without fighting with your spouse daily. The list goes on and on. We are living longer today so why waste so much time with someone you do not want to be with anymore?
Some Reasons Why Obtaining a Divorce is better Than Winning the Lottery:
- Whether you have kids or not, you will have time for YOURSELF! Remember that! Time is more valuable than money and obtaining a divorce allows you to actually schedule key personal/key recharge time to yourself!
- As you get older, you will earn more money and that money will be all yours!
- If you were the dependent spouse, you may get considerable alimony which you can buy anything you want with! You can go on dates, you can buy a car, you can vacation, there is no limit to what you can do with the money!
- If you are the dependent spouse, you can get a sizable check to your share of the assets earned in the marriage! Lotto! Lotto! Most of which may be tax free! (Better than lotto)
- If you are the earner, the sooner you file, the shorter the alimony period will be!
- You will never have to explain yourself to your spouse ever! Priceless.
- Your annoying in-laws will no longer be your in-laws and will be OUT!
- You are smarter/wiser now, your new spouse will be chosen more carefully for a better future!
There is no question that going through a divorce can be difficult but if you are obtaining or seeking to divorce for the right reasons, there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel that will shine upon your life if you make the right decisions and begin to distance yourself from toxic people. This light can in fact be better than winning the lottery. Money comes and goes, after a while, you will buy everything you ever want and realize that money is not the most important thing in life but self respect and happiness are. Being in a marriage that drags you down, zaps your energy ruins many other aspects of your life. If you were told you had terminal cancer, would you stay with your spouse that shows no love for you? that disrespects you? that could care less if you were home or not? I wouldn’t, why would you? If you think your children do not know what is going on or your family and you want to save the marriage for them, you are ignoring reality and hurting yourself each day. We all deserve to get up and feel happy about our lives, our marriages, our families. If you do not and realize the marriage is over, you should contact my team of divorce lawyers in Jersey City to discuss your options and how to move forward with your life.
We can be reached on 201-706-7910 for a phone consult or in person meeting in our Jersey City office. We represent clients in every county in New Jersey. To read more about me, visit: Jersey City Divorce Lawyer Santo Artusa. Alternatively, you can fill out our form below and we will contact you at a time that works for you.
Categories: alimony attorney, best attorney new jersey, best divorce lawyer, best new jersey divorce lawyer, divorce attorney, divorce court judges in New Jersey, Divorce in Jersey City, divorce in new jersey, divorce lawyer, divorce lawyer in bergen county, family law attorney jersey city, jersey city divorce attorney, jersey city divorce lawyer, Jersey City Divorce Lawyers, jersey city lawyer, Top Jersey City Divorce Lawyers