- I was served with Hudson County-New Jersey divorce papers, what should I do?
- My husband filed for divorce in Jersey City-now what? What should I do?
- My wife filed for divorce, what do I do? She won’t let me see the kids, what can I do?
- How do I choose the best divorce lawyer for me in Hudson County-New Jersey?
My spouse is asking that I pay for his/her lawyer, do I have to? (Not necessarily, there are many factors involved).
How do I answer divorce papers in New Jersey? Do I just show up in court?
Above are some of the typical questions when you learn that your husband or wife has filed for a dissolution of your marriage, aka a divorce in New Jersey. The Jersey City lawyers at the Artusa Law Firm can help explain the steps in a divorce, what you can seek, what the divorce papers mean legally/relief sought. Divorce cases in Hudson County are decided in Jersey City’s Family Court (595 Newark Avenue-Jersey City, NJ 07306).
WHETHER YOU EXPECTED THE DIVORCE PAPERS OR NOT, YOU MAY STILL BE IN SHOCK OR UPSET, EITHER WAY, CONSULT WITH A JERSEY CITY DIVORCE ATTORNEY TO KNOW YOUR RIGHTS IN NEW JERSEY IMMEDIATELY
You may have know it was coming, you may not have known but either way, the day has come and you have received a letter in the mail or have been served with Hudson County-New Jersey divorce papers. If you received these papers and you do not agree with what your spouse is seeking, you want to fight for something in the case, you want to clarify some issues, contact the New Jersey Divorce Lawyers at the Artusa Law Firm in Jersey City, New Jersey on 201-706-7910 to discuss your case and see how we can help you in your situation and explain your family law rights. You may seek custody, child support, parenting time, alimony, division of assets, resume your maiden name, attorneys fees, college contributions for the children, the ability to relocate with the children, division of debts, tax deduction rights (child tax deductions), ability to travel outside of the United States with your children/passport issues and beyond. When you have been properly served, you have 35 days to respond in writing to the court by way of appearance, answer, and/or answer and counterclaim. Our office is located in the heart of journal square, in the Capital One Building and it is easy to make an appointment. You can also fill out the form below and we will contact you during office hours.
When you come in for a confidential appointment in our Jersey City office, we will:
- Review and explain the New Jersey divorce paperwork you received
- Discuss your case goals and your current situation
- Decide whether any motions need to be filed from the start of the case concerning temporary support, child custody, asset issues.
- Analyze the case against you and explain the various New Jersey Court Rules
- Analyze any potential claims you may have and what is needed to prove your case
- Discuss how the divorce process works and how long a case may take
- We will explain the discovery process, the early settlement panel, economic mediation, possibility of trial and the benefits of reaching a settlement when possible.
In addition to the above, we will discuss the timeline of a typical divorce case in the Jersey City family court and what you can expect if you are seeking some form of relief (alimony, division of assets, child custody, parenting time, child support, tax deductions, debt division, maiden name). We will go over the costs associated with filing for a divorce or filing an answer and counterclaim, the evidence needed for certain claims and the benefits of trying to settle your matter early on in the case. Jersey City Divorce Attorney Santo Artusa and his team are experienced in family law litigation and can help you achieve your case goals. During your consultation, we will explain the process to you in an unrushed and in a relaxed environment. It is our goal to help you in this time of your life and to be your guide.
To setup an appointment in our Jersey City office or over the phone, please call us on 201-706-7910 today, we represent individuals in every county in New Jersey.
The Artusa Law Firm is a full service New Jersey litigation firm that handles all family law related matters, commercial litigation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, criminal law and landlord/tenant litigation throughout New Jersey. To view all of the legal service we offer in the area, visit: Artusa Law Firm-Jersey City Lawyers.
For information about what to ask a family law or divorce attorney in New Jersey, visit: Top Questions to ask a divorce lawyer in New Jersey.
35 Journal Square, Suite 825
Jersey City, NJ 07306
To view our interactive New Jersey Superior Court map, see below: